Healthy Icecream Choc Chip Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar (you can use brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 3/4 rolled oats, or quick oats (quick oats will be fine)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees, and line a large flat baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a large bowl, combine the coconut sugar, coconut oil and egg, and mix well with a spoon. Meanwhile, blend the oats using a food processor until fine and powdery, it should resemble the consistency of a rough flour.
- Transfer the oats to a mixing bowl and stir through the baking soda and salt.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients until just combined, then fold through the chocolate chips. Because the batter will be quite runny, make sure you refrigerate the batter for at least an hour before cooking.
- Once the batter is cooled, remove from fridge and use a large spoon to drop the batter onto the tray. Place the cookies quite far apart on the tray, allowing them to spread out.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, or until they start to go golden brown.
- When the cookies are done, remove the tray from the oven and let them cool completely on the tray.
- Once completely cooled (the ice cream will melt otherwise), place scoops of ice cream between them to make sandwiches.