Vegan Anzac Cookies
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup gluten-free plain flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking of soda
1/2 cup raw shredded coconut
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup golden syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almond flour, plain flour, shredded coconut, cinnamon and the coconut sugar & stir to combine.
- In a medium sized saucepan, add golden syrup & oil. Heat over a medium heat, adding in a splash of water (about 1/5 cup) while stirring. Ensure all ingredients are well combined.
- Remove from the heat, then add baking soda. Be careful as at this point the mixture will bubble and foam up, so stir this quickly until bubbles disappear. Once settled, add the hot mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir well until all ingredients form a cookie-like texture.
- Grease a large flat baking tray/pan, and roll mixture into small round balls. Evenly seperate them around the tray, ensuring they have some room to spread, & bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and immediately place slice into the freezer to cool. Once cooled, prepare vegan chocolate frosting using my no faults recipe (see link).
- Dip cookies into the chocolate, and set onto wire rack to set completely. Store in an airtight container