Raw Chocolate & Hazelnut Bliss Balls
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup cashews
1 cup of dates
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate peanut butter
3 tsp honey
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Place your hazelnuts on a baking tray in a preheated 180 degree oven. Roast on fan bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the skins being to crack. To avoid burning, intermittently shake the tray to roll the nuts around.
- Remove and let cool, then pour nuts into a clean and dry tea towel, and rub together to flake the skins from the nut itself. Using a colander, remove excess shell leaving only the raw middle of nuts.
- Combine shelled nuts, rolled oats, cashews, fates, coconut and cocoa powder into a blender and blitz until well combined. Using intermittent bursts, add honey and chocolate peanut butter until well mixed through.
- Using clean hands, roll mixture into small balls. Using the desiccated coconut, roll balls entirely coating the outsides, and place on setting tray (lined with baking paper or glad wrap). Place tray in freezer for 30 minutes, or until completely firm to touch.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place, preferably in the fridge, for up to 1 week.