Banana Berry Loaf Cake (V/GF/DF)
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line a large flat baking tray (use one with relatively high sides).
- Prepare flax eggs in a large mixing bowl and leave for 5-10 minutes to become gel like.
- Meanwhile, combine almond milk and vinegar in a small bowl. Wait 5 minutes for mixture to become slightly lumpy, then add baking soda. Stir.
- Combine mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut sugar to the mixing bowl with flax eggs and stir well. Add almond milk mixture and stir again, ensuring all wet ingredients are combined.
- Stir through rolled oats, almond meal, coconut and coconut flour. The batter will be quick thick but still pourable - if it is too thick add a dash more milk and stir.
- Place batter into lined baking tray and spread evenly to ensure the top is flat. Add berries to the top, and push down gently with a spoon to cover in mixture slightly.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. The edges will be golden brown, but test the centre of the cake to ensure it is done. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- I served this warm with ice-cream, and it was the perfect winter dessert. However you could cut and eat cold as well. Store in an airtight container.
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any milk of choice) + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple or golden syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (can use brown)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup mixed berries (I used frozen and defrosted them