Banana Breakfast Muffins
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour (or gluten-free/regular flour)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2-3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs (if vegan, can substitute for chia eggs)
- ½ cup maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Turn on and preheat oven to 180 degrees, and line a 12 hole muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the two flours (or just 2 cups of regular flour if you prefer), rolled oats, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, beat mashed bananas, eggs, golden syrup, coconut oil, and almond milk. When well combined, add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
At this point, you can add in chocolate chip cookies, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits, at this point, if desired. I like to sprinkle a little brown/coconut sugar on top of muffins before they go in the oven, for a super crispy topping!
When ready, divide your muffin mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups. You can also make these into larger, bigger muffins (if you are using them for breaky on the go I highly recommend doing this)!
- Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and a testing prick comes out clean! Remove from oven, leave to cool, and enjoy!