Fluffy Banana Pancakes (Healthy & Vegan)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup milk of choice, I used almond
- 1 whole ripe banana
- 1 tbsp baking powder + 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (you can use sweetener of choice here)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine rolled oats, milk, banana, powders, vinegar and maple syrup to a high speed blender. Blend until all ingredients are combined and the texture is nice and smooth. The mixture may appear quite runny, however this will thicken in given time.
- Rest the pancake mixture for 10 minutes before cooking, this will allow the oats to absorb all the liquid and the powders to activate.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat. You can choose to cook in butter, a little oil, or using spray - however I recommend using some form of grease even in a nonstick pan, to prevent each pancake from sticking. Once pan is hot, pour in ¼ cup of batter (this will create medium sized pancakes).
- Cook pancake for 1-2 minutes on each side, until you can visually see bubbles appearing on the top of the pancake. Ensuring the pan doesn't get too hot, only flip the pancake when bubbles start to appear towards the centre of the pancake, and slide a spatula underneath to flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden and fluffy.
- Repeat cooking process until all the batter is used up.
- Stack pancakes on a plate and drizzle maple syrup between each pancake while stacking. You can choose to layer your stack with fresh fruit such as banana slices, or top it with berries, yoghurt and granola (I used frozen berries and heated them up until thawed and runny).