RAW Caramel Slice
And here it is! You asked... and YOU GOT!
RAW CHOCOLATE CARAMEL SLICE
2 cups organic rolled oats (you can use quinoa flakes if you are after a GF version)
1 ½ cups cashews
½ cup almonds
3 tablespoons coconut oil
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons brown rice malt syrup (or agave or maple)
1 cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons vanilla paste or 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 cup coconut oil
3 tablespoons tahini paste
½ cup cacao butter (must be raw)
1 cup soaked and drained cashews (drain overnight in warm water)
3 cups medjool dates (soaked in warm water to soften)
½ cup cacao powder
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup brown rice malt syrup
pinch of vanilla bean powder
1. Combine oats in a food processor or high-speed blender and process until fine. Add the cashews and almonds, blending again until smooth and fine. Add salt, coconut oil and the rice malt syrup and blend until smooth.
2. Line a baking tin with baking paper and press base mixture into it. Make sure your mixture is flat and level, and press firmly to ensure it holds form. Place the base in fridge while you make the filling.
3. In a food processor, combine coconut milk, rice malt syrup, tahini paste, vanilla paste, salt, coconut oil and the cacao butter, and blend on high until smooth. Add in the soaked and drained cashews, blending further until completely smooth. Finally, add the soaked and drained dates and blend again until smooth.
4. Remove the base mixture from the fridge, and pour the caramel filling onto base. Evenly spread the caramel until it is all level, and place back into the fridge.
5. For the chocolate layer, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until well incorporated. Be sure that you do this on a medium to low level, as the mixture will heat if you blend too fast and the chocolate will separate. Cover the caramel filling with chocolate, and freeze slice for 8 hours (preferably overnight).
6. Remove from tin and allow to soften slightly before cutting.