Peanut Satay Nourish Bowl
- 1 cup cooked Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup edamame beans
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup mung beans
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- tamari sauce & sesame seeds to top
- PEANUT SAUCE
- 1/8 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced and crushed
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Chop broccoli into small florets, and slice carrot into thin strips. In a small microwave proof bowl steam broccoli and edamame beans until tender (around 2-3 minutes). Set aside. Slice cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a small bowl, prepare peanut satay sauce. Combine all ingredients for sauce in bowl and whisk with a fork until thick and smooth. You can add more water if you like a thinner consistency.
- In a serving bowl, place brown rice, edamame, mung beans, carrot and broccoli around the sides of the bowl. Top with sliced tomatoes in the middle of the bowl, and drizzle over peanut satay sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and add a choice of protein such as chicken, tofu or other (if desired).